Janeena means God is Gracious.
Hi there! Thanks for visiting, and welcome to my official website, online portfolio and blog! Aside from getting to know me more both on a professional and personal note, this site exists to inspire, empower and encourage you to live your best lives, and to never give up on the dream no matter what. Subscribe to my posts to get notified for new entries, as I continue to share about life, style, beauty, travel, faith, fun behind the scenes, and everything in between.
Janeena actually means “God is gracious”, and I wish to live by the saying that “What He gives to you, He wants to give through you.“ And this website is one of the ways I’m expressing that. Enjoy browsing through this site, and I hope to meet and work with you soon!
ABOUT JANEENA CHAN
Janeena started at a tender age motivated by her love for music. After venturing in various on and off campus singing competitions early in school, she took it to the real world and eventually garnered a title as the Disney Singing Princess for SM Supermalls x Disney at age 7. She then started modeling at 9 with her first debut as a Barbie model. At 11, she ventured into hosting for the first time—It was for a tele-magazine show called Kid’s TV that aired on ABC 5 and RPN 9, where she bagged one of the Best Kiddie Show Host awards at the PMPC Star Awards. The program was also awarded Best Kiddie Show.
After her involvement with Kid’s TV, she took part of Newswatch Junior Edition on RPN 9 at age 14, as one of the junior reporters who went through intensive training on journalism from script writing, post production, directing, and reporting on-cam. She was assigned her own lifestyle segment under the network’s primetime news program, Newswatch, producing and presenting features for “Teen Watch” with the help and supervision of her producers. The segment was later rebranded into “Spot Light”, catering to a wider audience. Her overall experience with the program lasted a total of 5 years.
Simultaneously, she continued her passion in the performing arts, she took part of the cast of Disney’s High School Musical On Stage held at the Meralco Theater under Stages Productions. With her experience in Gymnastics, she essayed the role of a Wildcats cheerleader. Together with select cast members, they were invited to perform summer and Christmas musical showcases in Enchanted Kingdom. In high school, she also joined one of Manila’s top FM radio stations, Magic 89.9, as a Junior Jock and was also part of ABS-CBN’s ‘Gimik 2010 The Reunion’ for a brief acting stint that aired in April 2010. Janeena has also been a VJ for Velvet Channel, Cignal TV’s Daily Top 5, and ABS-CBN’s CGE TV in the Loop.
While in college, she was the courtside reporter for the ASEAN Basketball League Live on Fox Sports Asia, covering the home games of the San Miguel Beermen vs. teams from Southeast Asia. She also hosted he National Cheerleading Championship coverage by Fox Sports Philippines. Janeena graduated in Ateneo de Manila University on March 2015 as a consistent dean’s lister, and with a best thesis nomination. As a communication graduate, she also accepts speaking invitations, and has spoken for topics such as leadership, time management, youth empowerment, public speaking, power dressing, hosting, as well as social media.
Currently she’s a TV Host on UPFRONT at the UAAP on S+A (Sports and Action), under the Philippines’ leading network, ABS-CBN. She is also the main host of Chinoy TV on ANC (ABS-CBN News Channel). She has hosted for several events, from brand launches to corporate functions, as well as pageants such as the Mr. and Ms Chinatown Coronation night with nationwide telecasts. Aside from her hosting career in events, TV and digital, she has evolved as an online influencer and lifestyle blogger, having worked with leading local and global brands.
Awards & Features
- The Sunday Times Cover Story, feature by Manila Times, 2017
- Chinoy Profiles and the new Host on Chinoy TV on ANC, 2017
- 8 Things you Need to Know About Janeena Chan, 2017
- 5 Young Chinoys to Watch out for, feature by Manila Bulletin Life, 2017
- The Score on ABS-CBN Sports + Action feature on Upfront Hosts, 2017
- MEGA Millennial Ball Best Dressed, 2017
- Preview fashion advertorial as a Keds 100 Style Muse, 2016
- Solo feature billboard for DARE Clinic along Timog Avenue, QC, November 2016
- Philippine Star Lifestyle Section – Special Feature, September 2016
- Metro Beauty Janeena Chan Fun, Fresh, Fierce, August 2016
- Miladay Now Advertorial feature on Philippine Star Allure, August 2016
- #LiveYoung 101 Special feature on Chalk Magazine, August-September 2016
- MegaStyle Most Beautiful Digital Influencers, June 2016
- MegaStyle June Cover, 2016
- Metro Beauty: Janeena Chan Fun, Fresh, Fierce, August 2016
- Movers And Shapers – feature article under Shape Magazine, 2015
- SSI LIFE “Fresh Faces / Fashion’s Next Generation” feature, 2015
- Best Model Award at Candy Readers’ Choice Awards, 2014
- Candy Style Star by Candy Magazine 2013
- Awarded by PMPC Star Awards for TV as one of the Best Child Hosts and for Best Children’s Show – Kids’ TV